Who can get a refund?
TRS is open to all overseas visitors and Australian residents, except for operating air and sea crew.
What purchases are eligible for a refund?
Purchases are eligible for refunds if:
- they are purchased in the 60 days before you leave Australia
- your purchases from any single business total $300 (GST inclusive) or more. For example, if you bought items from one business - even on separate invoices - that together total $300, these items may be eligible for a tax refund under TRS
- you, the passenger, paid for the goods
- you have an original tax invoice for the goods
- you wear or carry the goods (unless they are liquids, gels or aerosols or oversized or bulky goods which the airline require to be checked in) as hand luggage aboard the aircraft or ship as you leave Australia, or check the goods in with your luggage after they have been verified by an officer at a Client Services counter.