43mm Heliopan Orange 22 SH-PMC Slim Filter
The Heliopan 43mm #22 Orange Filter is a basic contrast filter, primarily for use with black and white film, that strongly darkens blues and greens, increases overall contrast, and is often used for outdoor photography to emphasize contrast and shadows. It is also well-suited for decreasing atmospheric haze when photographing with long lenses and to smooth skin tones for portraiture. There is an approximate 4x filter factor with this filter, requiring an increase of 2 stops for normal exposure.
The front and rear surfaces of the filter both feature a single anti-reflection coating. Each coating helps to increase light transmission by reducing reflections, scattered light, and ghosting. Additionally, they offer protection to the filter substrate while helping to keep the glass clean for longer than uncoated glass.
This Heliopan filter is constructed from Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. It features a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention.
- Orange contrast filter for black and white film darkens blue skies and green tones, cuts through haze, and increases overall contrast.
- Commonly used for landscape photography to emphasize blue skies and give clouds more visual depth. Also used for portraiture to smooth uneven skin tones.
- Single coatings on both the front and rear offer protection to the glass and help to improve light transmission and image quality.
- Constructed from Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.
- Dual threading with 43mm front filter threads permits combining with other filters.