46mm Heliopan Yellow 8 SH-PMC Slim Filter
Equivalent to B+W Medium Yellow Filter 022 (8)
- #8 Filter for Enhanced B&W Contrast
- 2.5-3x Filter Factor, +1.3-1.5 Stops
- 39mm Front Filter Threads
- Front and Rear Multicoated
- Schott Glass Construction
- Brass Filter Ring
The Heliopan 39mm #8 Medium Yellow Filter is a basic contrast filter, primarily for use with black and white film, that slightly darkens skies, helps to cut through haze, and improves overall contrast. It is the most common contrast filter for black and white photography, producing an accurate tonal range and compensating for the blue sensitivity of panchromatic film. There is a 2.5-3x filter factor with this filter, requiring an increase of 1.3 to 1.5 stops for normal exposure.
The front and rear surfaces of the filter both feature a single anti-reflection coating. Each coating helps to increase light transmission by reducing reflections, scattered light, and ghosting. Additionally, they offer protection to the filter substrate while helping to keep the glass clean for longer than uncoated glass.
This Heliopan filter is constructed from Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. It features a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention.
- - Medium yellow contrast filter for black and white film subtly darkens skies, cuts through haze, and gives greater contrast overall.
- - Produces accurate tones in order to compensate for panchromatic film's blue sensitivity.
- - Single coatings on both the front and rear offer protection to the glass and help to improve light transmission and image quality.
- - Constructed from Schott glass for optical clarity.
- - Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.
- - Dual threading with 39mm front filter threads permits combining with other filters.