Sony Planar T* 85mm f/1.4 ZA Lens (Sony A Mount) #44955688 Rated 9+/10
A staple of portrait photography, the Planar T* 85mm f/1.4 ZA Lens from Sony is able to easily create images with high sharpness and outstanding bokeh, which when combined with the short telephoto perspective ensure a flattering image of your subject. The highlight feature of this full-frame A-mount lens is the fast f/1.4 maximum aperture and circular nine-blade diaphragm, which are used for the selective focus effect as well as its ability to work in low-light conditions. Also, this lens uses a floating elements system and a Zeiss T* coating to deliver clean images with minimal flare at all shooting distances. Additionally, it has an Auto Clutch mechanism for intuitive handling as well as a focus hold button and focus mode switch.
- Based on the Zeiss Planar optical concept, this lens uses a design with eight elements in seven groups that helps achieve the large maximum aperture of f/1.4 while helping to minimize chromatic aberrations.
- A telephoto prime designed for full-frame A-mount cameras, this 85mm can also be used on APS-C camera systems where it will provide a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- The f/1.4 maximum aperture allowing users to create images with shallow depth of field effects and work in low-light conditions with relative ease.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- An Auto Clutch mechanism prevents the focusing ring from rotating when the lens is set to autofocus, allowing for easier, and more natural feeling control over the lens.
- A focus hold button and focus mode switch are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.