Due to the COVID-19 situation we are experiencing delays getting some items.
Our ONLINE store is still working 24/7 but our Showroom is currently open to walk in customers from 12-4pm Monday to Thursday.
Since we are running on skeleton staff to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for working with us to make this world a safer place for everybody. If this means delays outside of our control, thank you again for your understanding during this difficult time. If you have ordered an item that is out of stock or delayed...
Photograph By ADRIAN RAESIDE, TIMES COLONIST
All our items are packed and sent by staff wearing gloves and masks.
So you can be assured your order arrives safe and sound to you.
Thank you so much for your support of our small business in these times.
Email support is available at email@example.com or by phone during the hours 12-4pm Monday to Thursday on 02 9437 5800.
Where possible we are upgrading shipments to EXPRESS POST.
Australia Post has issued the following statement on the 15th of May:
Australia Post is working hard to move more parcels for you and your customers during these challenging times. We’re currently processing over 2 million parcels every day which is even greater than our busiest period at Christmas.
Cancelled flights, social distancing requirements and massive parcel volumes have led to significant domestic and international delivery delays. We understand this may have caused a lot of frustration. We’re working hard to improve this for you and your customers by:
- Processing parcels at our facilities 24/7.
- Putting on 15 temporary and re-purposed facilities to further increase our capacity.
- Chartering 8 extra freighter flights to help speed up delivery, totaling 17 dedicated air freighter flights per day.
- On boarding hundreds of casual staff to help in the operations team and call centre to assist in managing the continued parcel delivery demand.
- Keeping nearly all our Post Offices open for you and your customers to collect parcels, and access agency banking and identity services at participating Post Offices.