Sony Sonnar T* 135mm f/1.8 ZA Lens #0195654 Rated 8+/10
Regarded as one of the best telephoto primes for portraits, Sony's Sonnar T* 135mm f/1.8 ZA Lens boasts one of the fastest apertures available at this focal length as well as outstanding resolving power across the frame. Designed for full-frame A-mount cameras and featuring an f/1.8 along with a nine-blade circular diaphragm, this lens is able to capture photographs with exceptionally shallow depth of field. Also, it uses two extra-low dispersion elements in the optical design as well as Zeiss' outstanding T* anti-reflective coating to combat aberrations and minimize flare and ghosting, respectively, in order to create crisp, clean imagery.
For natural and intuitive handling, the lens is equipped with various technologies, including an Auto Clutch mechanism that prevents the focusing ring from rotating when autofocusing. It also offers a minimum focus distance of 2.4', enabling a magnification of 0.25x for close-up photos. Additionally, it is equipped with a focus hold button for rapid control over the lens during shooting.
Based on the Zeiss Sonnar optical concept, this lens uses a design with 11 elements in eight groups that helps achieve the large maximum aperture of f/1.8 while simultaneously reducing flare and improving contrast.
- A telephoto prime designed for full-frame A-mount cameras, the 135mm can also be used on APS-C camera systems where it will provide a 202.5mm equivalent focal length.
- The f/1.8 maximum aperture is exceptionally fast for this class of lens, allowing users to create images with shallow depth of field and work in low-light conditions with relative ease.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements are featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- An Auto Clutch mechanism prevents the focusing ring from rotating when the lens is set to autofocus, allowing for easier, and more natural feeling control over the lens.
- An internal focus design helps optimize the autofocus system for faster, more reliable focusing.
- A focus hold button is present for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- A minimum focus distance of 2.4' with a relatively high 0.25x magnification allows shooters to get closer to their subject.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
A-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
Two Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
Auto Clutch Mechanism
Focus Hold Button; Internal Focus
Minimum Focus Distance: 2.4'
Nine-Blade Circular Diaphragm