Voigtlander Ultron 40mm f/2 SL #8020334 Rated 9/10 (Canon EOS Mount)
Boxed with close up filter and caps. Highly sought-after
The 40mm f/2.0 Ultron SL II Aspherical Lens for Canon (EOS) from Voigtlander is an ultra-sharp manual focus lens for use on Canon full frame DSLRs and SLRs. When mounted on a camera with an APS-C size sensor the focal length translates to 60mm. The lens' manual focus action is very smooth and precise and its aspherical, multi-coated optics create sharp images with minimal aberration. Metering and exposure information is passed between lens and camera thanks to the lens' CPU which provides auto-functions with virtually every compatible Nikon 35mm and digital SLR.
Included with the 40mm F/2.0 Ultron is a close-up (macro) conversion lens that offers a minimum focus distance of 25 cm. The close-up lens is attached via a 52-39mm adapter. In addition to attaching the close-up lens, the adapter allows the attachment of 39mm filters and serves as a lens hood to deflect unwanted light and protect the lens.
- 40mm provides ideal 'normal' focal length and welcomed alternative to more common 35mm and 50mm lenses
- Smooth and precise manual focusing in a compact, well-designed, classic form
- Multicoated lenses with 2 aspherical elements create very sharp images with minimal aberration.
- CPU contacts communicate exposure and metering information to camera for auto exposure, shutter speed, ISO and flash applications.
- Included close-up lens offers macro shooting with 25 cm minimum focus distance.
- 39-52mm adapter attaches close-up lens and optional 39mm filters and provides glare reduction and protection for lens.
- Focal Length 40mm
- Aperture Maximum: f/2
- Minimum: f/22
- Camera Mount Type Nikon F
- Format Compatibility 35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
- Nikon FX/35mm Film
- Nikon DX
- Angle of View 57°
- Minimum Focus Distance .38 m
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio 1:7
- Elements/Groups 6 / 5
- Diaphragm Blades 9
- Image Stabilization No
- Autofocus No
- Tripod Collar No
- Filter Thread Front: 52 mm
- Front: 39 mm
- Dimensions (DxL) Approx. 63 x 24.5 mm
- Weight 200 g