Voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 Lens Nokton Classic - Sony E Mount
- Special Order 14-21 days - Next batch available from Oct 2019
Voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 Nokton E-Mount Lens
This is an up to date re-design of M-mount version, which has been optimised for Full Frame E-mount sensor. As NOKTON Classic 35mm F1.4 has the "Classic" in its name, this lens produces beautiful Bokeh wide open, and sharp image at stop down.
Compact yet fast, the Nokton Classic 35mm f/1.4 Lens from Voigtlander is a standard wide-angle prime designed for full-frame Sony E mirrorless cameras. Its classic wide focal length pairs with a bright f/1.4 maximum aperture to deliver notable control over depth of field for producing shallow depth of field imagery, and also benefits working in low-light conditions. Helping to achieve the lens's namesake Classic look, a symmetrical optical design is used, along with high refractive index glass, to produce sharp, clear imagery but with some intentional aberrations left to realize a smooth and vintage-esque character. The lens's manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 11.8" away and the mount incorporates electronic contacts to relay Exif data and to make use of in-camera shooting and focus aids.
The NOKTON designation is only given to high-speed lenses in the Voigtlander lineup with a maximum aperture of F1.5 or faster. When the first NOKTON was released in the 1950s, it was positioned as a lens that enabled images to be captured even in low light. However, with constantly improving imaging sensor sensitivity, the advantage of a high-speed lens nowadays is the ability to use as a means of photographic expression the out-of-focus bokeh created by opening the aperture.
- - Standard wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright, fast f/1.4 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus techniques, and also benefits working in low-light conditions.
- High refractive index glass helps to suppress spherical aberrations for a clean, sharp image quality, however the classic-inspired design intentionally does not correct all aberrations in order to achieve a smooth aesthetic character.
- Manual focus design permits smooth, refined control along with a minimum focusing distance of 11.8".
- Ten-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth quality of bokeh.
- Contacts transfer all Exif data between the camera and lens in order to permit full use of camera functions, including focus magnification, image stabilization, and lens corrections.
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- High Refractive Glass
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11.8"
- 10-Blade Diaphragm
- Contacts Transfer Exif Data
|Product Name: NOKTON classic 35mm F1.4
Focal Length: 35mm
Maximum Aperture: F1.4
Minimum Aperture: F16
Lens Construction: 6 groups 8 elements
Angle of View: 63°
Aperture Blade: 10
Minimum Focus: 0.3m
Macro Ratio: 1:6.3
Filter Size: φ58mm
Maximum Diameter: Approx. φ67.0mm
Length: Approx. 39.6mm
Weight: Approx. 262g
Aperture Ring: Available (Manual Setting)(1/3 stop increments)
Electric Contact: Available
Manual Focus Assist: Available
Exif Data: Available
Auto Lens Correction: Possible
5-Axis Image Stabilization: Possible for camera bodies with 5-Axis Image Stabilization
Supplied Accessory: Front Cap, Rear Cap, Lens Hood
Please note all Voigtlander products are not available for international sale!