Voigtländer Nokton 21mm f/1.4 Aspherical lens - M Mount
Following on from the sucess of the Voigtländer Nokton 21mm f/1.4 in Sony E Mount Voigtländer has now created an M Mount version.
The NOKTON 21mm F1.4 Aspherical M-mount is an ultra-wide lens with a fast aperture of f/1.4 for working in low-light conditions and controlling depth of field. An advanced optical design incorporates a pair of aspherical elements and three partial dispersion elements, which, together, help to suppress both spherical and chromatic aberrations for greater sharpness, clarity, and color rendering. A floating elements system is also employed to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range. The lens's manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 1.6' away, and a 12-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Generally, the wider a lens gets the deeper the depth of focus of the lens, but with the NOKTON 21mm F1.4 Aspherical M-mount lens, the extremely large maximum aperture for a super wide-angle lens enables imaging that utilizes “bokeh” (out-of-focus blur). The minimum focusing distance of 25cm can be used to emphasize the shallow depth of focus at close range.
The lens utilizes a floating mechanism to maintain excellent imaging quality throughout the focusing range from close distance to infinity. Furthermore, the lens features aspherical optics to eliminate distortion and chromatic aberrations in addition to enabling a compact optical design despite the large maximum aperture. The aperture ring has click stops in 1/3 steps. The lens also features a click stop switching mechanism that enables the click stops to be turned off when shooting video.
The included Lens Hood can be attached/removed easily for hassle-free filter work, and can be attached in reverse for easy storage.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also enables greater control over depth of field.
- Two aspherical elements are incorporated at the front and the rear of the 13 elements, 11 groups construction, and help to limit spherical aberrations and distortions for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Three abnormal partial dispersion elements are featured in the optical design and help to minimize color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve higher clarity and color fidelity.
- Floating elements system maintains consistent image quality throughout the focusing range to suit working with both distant and close-up subjects.
- Manual focus design permits smooth, refined control along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.6'. When used with a rangefinder camera, however, the lens has coupled focusing from 2.3' to infinity.
- A 12-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.
Included lens hood helps to prevent stray light from causing lens flare and ghosting when working in bright and backlit conditions.
- Full frame M-mount with electrical contacts
- Enhanced high performance utilizing aspherical lens surfaces
- Optical design optimized for digital imaging sensors
- Extremely solid and durable all-metal barrel
- Manual focus for precise focusing
- Installed with aperture click stop switching mechanism for video
- Minimum focus distance of 50cm
- Focal Length: 21mm
- Aperture Ratio: 1:1.4
- Minimum Aperture: f16
- Lens Construction: 11 groups 13 elements
- Angle of View: 90.3°
- Aperture Blade: 12
- Minimum Focus: 0.5m
- Filter Size: Φ62mm
- Diameter x Length: Φ69.5mm x 69.7mm
- Weight: 480g
- Supplied Accessory: Front Cap, Rear Cap, Lens Hood
Please note all Voigtlander products are not available for international sale!